Thursday, January 29, 2009

All About Kaylee

It's finally time for me to update this thing. Kaylee's birthday was on the 21st and she turned 6!! I can't believe I have a six year old!! She is truely an awesome kid. Sometimes I feel bad because she got cheated as a baby and she had to grow up really fast when we found out she had twin sisters on the way. She was a trooper back then and she still is--I don't know what I'd do with out her. Now the struggle is to try to slow her maturing down a bit!!! She's so smart and responsible. She loves to learn and she's really good at reading and creating crafty things and dancing. Here's a few birthday pictures for you to see.


Every year she asks for a castle cake. Every year I get a little better at making castle cakes. This one isn't much but I was just proud that it didn't fall apart or lean slightly to one side or the other--I've learned to appreciate the small achievements as well as the great ones in life ;0)


She didn't ask for anything because she "didn't even know what [she] wanted for Christmas and still got so many things that [she] doesn't even know what to ask for!!" So she got a princess wii game, an outfit w/shoes, a find the picture book, and a makeup set and a gift card from her grandparents. Pretty good haul for a girl that didn't want anything.

Erin got in on the cake action this time. She was feeling yucky on her birthday so this is her first real go at birthday cake. FINALLY we get some fun cake face pictures of her!!

I just thought this picture was funny. They did this and then told me to take a picture of them. They were supposed to be settling down for scripture time but the photo-op was too cute to pass up.

7 comments:

MindySue said...

Happy Birthday Kaylee!!! You are a cutie!

I absolutely love that pic of the girls standing on the edges of teh recliner w/ kaylee in the middle. so cute!

Good Job on the cake Tara...I'll have to try that cone thing next time.

Margaret said...

Happy Birthday Kaylee. It looks like you guys have some future cheerleaders in the making.

Tara said...

I hope not. (No offense meant to the cheerleaders out there) I just don't want to deal with the kind of drama that always seems to accompany that line of talent ;0)

tonzfam said...

Your girls are so darn cute! It sounds like you all have so much fun together! You did a great job on that castle cake, I'm impressed! Trillis

Haleshere said...

I love the cake!! Very cute! I sure miss not being able to come to their birthdays! And by the way I totaly resent the whole cheerleader drama comment!! I will have you know that I never had an ounce of drame when I was a cheerleader!(you may insert eye roll here) Love you

theballardgirlsandboy said...

Love the birthday cake! I think it's time you teach me some of your skills. All your girls really are so beautiful. Even with cake all over their face (Erin)!

indeazgirl said...

The picture of all three girls is so cute! And you totally rocked the castle cake. Nice job!!